Creative Wave – 23rd March
Happy Friday! Here are some of the things that I’ve seen and liked this week (its a very mixed batch)…
- WeTransfer are suspending all ads on their website this weekend to call for gun reform in the USA. In their place, the platform will feature images from three powerful gun-violence themed projects
- A weirdly beautiful tumblr dedicated to images of mirrors for sale on Craiglist (via Present and Correct)
- Captain Morgan have teamed up with Lady Leshurr to release a fun music video to encourage people to drink responsibility because “fun that isn’t remembered ain’t fun”
- I’ve seen a few articles about how we might need to rethink our relationship with our phones, but this TED talk about our need to be bored in order for our creativity to flow was really interesting. Almost every spare moment we have is filled with mindless scrolling and ‘liking’ – surely our brains can be put to better use!
- Finally, I went to see a stand-up gig last night featuring Mawaan Rizwan who told the story of how his Mum became a Bollywood superstar after featuring on his Youtube channel… this funny and moving video follows Mawaan as he goes out to meet her and find out about her new life
SONG OF THE WEEK